Field Supervisor – Maintenance
Do you believe in providing outstanding customer service? Are you able to effectively plan and execute your work while simultaneously pivoting as needed for unforeseen events? Do you love (ok – really like) elevators? Do you want to work for a company that actually puts customer service ahead of short-term profit and thinks long term? Do you want to work for a pro-active elevator company focused on the work and doing it right? City Elevator Ltd has an opening for a Field Supervisor to support the maintenance department. This is a new position with the emphasis being on “Field” rather than office.
You share in our values of honesty and integrity. You will have built a solid reputation in the elevator industry as a problem solver and have a passion for customer service. You understand that in order to have satisfied customers, elevators must be operating reliably and be properly maintained. The service business being somewhat unpredictable at times, you are able to adjust to changing circumstances and can think on your feet. Effective communication: To be effective in this position requires that you are able to keep everyone in the loop, especially when there are elevators down that require repairs. That means being in close contact with the office, customers, maintenance and service mechanics, and suppliers. You are an experienced mechanic and can walk the talk. You are supervising a complement of skilled technicians. You will earn their respect by your knowledge and ability to support them where needed, working together as a team and getting the most out of those working under your direction. You don’t necessarily have all the answers immediately but are resourceful in finding solutions. You never give up, you lead by example, your work ethic is contagious.
About City Elevator:
Founded in 2004, City Elevator has steadily grown from its two founders to a dedicated staff of over 50 people delivering exceptional customer service throughout Metro Vancouver. Our growth is the direct result of our customers appreciating and valuing our own unique preventive maintenance program and top notch modernization work. We recognize that in order to retain our customers, we must constantly deliver on our commitments. The entire company from the president through to our front-line staff right believe in and work by the company’s values of honesty and integrity.
City Elevator team members believe in doing it right and providing the best possible Quality Elevator Service by following through on our promises. By joining our team, you will play a key role in our continued success. If you are looking to take your career to the next level, apply and join us in building something very special.
- Certified Class A Mechanic experienced in Maintenance and Service
- Driver’s license and clean driving record
- Able to read and interpret technical specifications, blueprints, drawings & documents
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, fluent spoken and written English language skills
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in elevator maintenance and service
- Previous Superintendent experience supervising staff in a field service setting, both via direct oversight and by remote management
- A technical background and/or recognized designation in a related discipline and/or a combination of proven field experience in elevator maintenance and service
Skills & Attributes:
- Reliable & trustworthy
- Accountable & results oriented
- Detailed & methodical
- Problem solver & decision maker
- Ability to plan and execute jobs
- Excellent listener & communicator
Appearance & Demeanor
- Professional & confident
- Natural Leader who earns respect
- Able to work calmly under pressure
- Customer service focused
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directly work with and support the Maintenance Manager in executing the strategic and operational plans
- Supervise and provide direct support to the unionized field service personnel engaged in maintenance and service; be the primary liaison between field and office staff
- Plan, direct and coordinate employee assignments, visually monitor employee performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations
Compensation and hours of work:
Based on experience. For union members, you may keep your card but will need to change your status to non-working.
Standard work hours:
Weekdays 7 AM – 3:30 PM, 40 hours/week. Available for emergencies after hours.
**Please forward all applications of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org