Are you a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to providing the best customer service experience? The type of person who is constantly looking to see how your organization can improve and become better? How to continually improve both efficiencies and the customer experience? Well, if this sounds like you, then we have a great career opportunity for you! City Elevator is looking for an exceptional candidate who will lead our elevator maintenance and service department. This is a new position and a rare opportunity for the right person to join us during an exciting time of growth for the company. Elevators are an essential mode of transportation in an increasingly vertical city. The maintenance of elevators is necessary and vitally important. Come and lead a motivated team that truly believes in providing the best service level in the industry.
You share our values of honesty and integrity. You believe in earning trust and respect of those you interact with by your actions, not your title. You have a technical background related to mechanical and electrical equipment. You are an excellent communicator who can convey the necessary information, and above all … listen. You are analytical yet also able to make quick decisions if necessary. You like to create and execute plans but can equally re-focus when unforeseen events happen. You can handle the pressure that comes with servicing elevators that people absolutely depend on. You are comfortable being accountable to all stakeholders. You practice constant improvement and can spot inefficiencies. Your work ethic and focus is admired by your peers, and you lead by example. You are a true professional.
About City Elevator:
Founded in 2004, City Elevator has steadily grown from its two founders to a dedicated staff of over 50 people delivering exceptional customer service throughout Metro Vancouver. Our growth is the direct result of our customers appreciating and valuing our own unique preventive maintenance program and top-notch modernization work. We recognize that in order to retain our customers, we must constantly deliver on our commitments. The entire company – from the president through to our front-line staff – believe in and work by the company’s values of honesty and integrity. City Elevator team members believe in doing it right and providing the best possible Quality Elevator Service by following through on our promises. By joining our team, you will play a crucial role in our continued success. If you are looking to take your career to the next level, apply and join us in building something very special.
- Minimum of 5 years’ hands on leadership experience, managing field technicians in a customer service setting, both via direct oversight and by remote management
- Experience in managing unionized workers is preferred
- Proven experience in managing and maintaining customer accountrelationships
- A degree in operations management, technology, engineering or a similar field preferred. A combination of education and work experience will be considered
- Experience in elevator maintenance and service an asset
- Full understanding of fundamental project management functions, concepts, processes and tools
- Able to read and interpret technical specifications, blueprints, drawings & documents
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, fluent spoken and written English language skills
- Experience working with ERP systems
- Intermediate level skills and abilities using MS Word & Excel
- Driver’s license and clean driving record
Skills & Attributes:
- Reliable & trustworthy
- Accountable & results oriented
- Excellent communicator
- Can lead others
- Handle pressure
- Planner, detailed & methodical
- Problem solver & decision maker
- Foster employee development and growth
City Elevator offers a competitive salary and benefit, commensurate with experience, skills and expertise.
**Please forward all applications of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org