As the owner of the elevating device, it is in your best interest to demand that only “non-proprietary” equipment is installed. There are some products that require special tools for diagnostics andcompleteinformation for maintaining the equipment is not provided to the owner. With non-proprietary equipment, you are free to work with any qualified elevator service company.
Non-Proprietary Equipment Check List
- Is ALL of the documentation for installing, adjusting, and maintaining the equipment openly available?
- Are there any special tools required for making adjustments that are not provided?
- Are spare parts readily available for purchase (not just on an exchange basis)?
- Is the supplier affiliated withanother elevator company?
- Does the supplieroffer technical training,open to the industry?
At City Elevator we only install truly non-proprietary equipment.